Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow, Snow, Wonderful Snow!

Down here in the great state of Tennessee, especially in the valley of East Tennessee, we don't see much accumulating snow.  Most of the populous, except some overachieving adults, love snow.

My wife and I have lived in our current home for 13 years.  Tonight is the very first time that we have had enough snow on the roads to sled.  School is called off tomorrow (we are both teachers), and we are as happy as a lark!  As I write this blog, I am sitting in my recliner with a lap blanket next to a roaring fire.  Does life get any better?

So, what does this have to do with being a father?  Didn't you read above?  Sledding!  For the first time as a father, I got to push my kids down a giant hill covered with ice and snow.  I got to hear their screams of laughter as the rocketed (ok, that's an exaggeration) down the hill.  I got to hear, "Daddy, do you see me?"  What a wonderful elixir for the constant drum beat of life.

To be honest, my sinuses are killing me.  I have a headache.  I'm tired (Thursdays are always my tired days).  I'm a bit grumpy, too.  But the beautiful snow and the lovely smiles on my children's faces have pushed all of those (well, many of them) ills away.  At least for the moment.

Yes, being a father has its perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment